Alcorn County schools to have board meeting tonight
The Alcorn County School Board will have a regular meeting tonight, November 12th, at 5:30 pm at the Alcorn Education Center Board Room. You can see the posted agenda tonight below or by looking here.
Agenda of Regular Meeting
The Board of Directors
Alcorn School District
A Regular meeting of the Board of Directors of Alcorn School District will be held November
12, 2018, beginning at 5:30 PM at Alcorn Education Center Board Room.
The subjects to be discussed or considered or upon which any formal action may be taken are as
listed below. Items do not have to be taken in the order shown on this meeting notice.
Unless removed from the consent agenda and placed under discussion / action, items identified
within the consent agenda will be acted on at one time with no discussion.
1. Call to Order
B. Pledge of Allegiance
2. Adoption of Agenda
3. Public Comments
4. Approval of minutes from prior meeting:
A. October 15, 2018
B. November 1, 2018
5. Approval of monthly financials — Kimberly Woodard
6. Approval of payment of bills
7. Superintendent’s Report
A. Nikki Kiser — SSIP Literacy Coach — K — 3
8. Consent Agenda
A. Approval of the following fundraiser requests:
1. ACTC Skills USA sell hot dogs and hamburgers.
2. ACTC FFA sell hot dogs and hamburgers at Tractor Supply..
3. ACTC HOSA sell bracelets.
4. ACTC Teacher Academy sell items from Mixed Bag Designs catalog.
5. ACHS BETA club sell sponsor advertisement spaces for club t-shirts.
6. ACHS Dance host a Dance Closet yard sale.
7. ACHS Volleyball host Holiday Volley Camp for 4th — 6th grade girls.
8. ACHS Football host Little League Footb
9. ACHS Cheer sell Central t-shirts.
10. ACHS Boy’s Powerlifting host 3rd Annual Candy Cane sale.
11. ACHS Fastpitch sell Boston Butts and ribs.
12. ACHS Volleyball sell cookie dough.
13. ACHS Dance sell basketball programs.
14. BHS Athletics sell t-shirts.
15. BHS Booster club sell raffle tickets for a deer rifle.
16. BHS Booster club sell raffle tickets for a 50 inch TV, BBQ packet, etc.
17. BHS Athletics sell discount cards.
18. BHS Band sell Marathon cheese.
19. KHS Cross Country request donations in support of the runner’s ring purchase.
20. KHS Pep club sell Christmas t-shirts.
21. KHS Class of 2020 sell baked goods before school.
B. Approval of the following out of state trips:
1. ACTC DECA club — Orlando, Florida
2. ACHS Choral — Nashville, Tennessee
3. BES 4th grade — Nashville, Tennessee
4. KHS Drama & FCCLA — New York City, New York
C. Approval of the following fixed asset deletions:
9. Regular Agenda
A. Approval of the following donations:
1. ACHS 1988 Boy’s Basketball team — $2,250.00 — purchase of basketball
2. Modern Woodmen — $1,000.00 matching funds — KES
B. Approval of recommendation of Superintendent Larry B. Mitchell and ACMS
Principal Jeff Boren to employ the following substitute teacher for the 2018-2019
1. Cassandra Weathers
C. Approval of recommendation of Superintendent Larry B. Mitchell and ASD
Principals to employ the following bus drivers for the 2018-2019 SY:
1. Richard Saul — ACHS long route — full-time
2. Matt Smith — KHS substitute
3. Terry Smith — ACHS substitute
4. Justin Waton — KHS substitute
D. Approval of Superintendent Larry B. Mitchell and KHS Principal Sam Roberts
recommendation for the following for the 2018-2019 SY:
1. Dusty Essary — volunteer paraprofessional assistant men’s basketball coach
E. Approval of Superintendent Larry B. Mitchell and Special Education Director
Risa Smith to employ the following for the 2018-2019 SY:
1. Ashley Jones – Sped Assistant — Day Treatment — BES
F. Approval of Superintendent Larry B. Mitchell to employ the following for the
1. John Hamlin — District Maintenance worker
G. Approval of recommendation of Superintendent Larry B. Mitchell and Federal
Programs Director Brian Phelps to employ the following for the 2018-2019 SY:
1. Candee Witt — ACES interventionist — 19 hours per week
H. Approval of recommendation of Superintendent Larry B. Mitchell and Food
Service Director Peggie Bundy to employ the following cafeteria substitutes for
the 2018-2019 SY:
1. Peggy Brose
2. Tina Plunk
3. Tracy Singleton
I. Approval of McKinney-Vento Education for Homeless Children and Youth
Program Award for the 2018-2019 SY.
J. Approval of Kossuth Classroom addition project change order.
K. Approval of BES and KES cafeterias lease purchase of dishwashers with Lann
L. Policy Review for accreditation requirements.
M. Cafeteria Charges